Monday, May 22, 2006

Glue-potamus

Progress was made on the floor this past weekend. I did as much as I could until I ran out of glue. It was a special order glue so I couldn't just pick some more up and finish the job. I have about 2/3 of the floor done. As you can see in the picture, I broke out the color chips for painting. I don't know... part of me still loves the current color, part of me wants something new.
I did manage to crank out a few headbands for my new shorter hair. It's a strip of scrap cloth sewn in half and a piece of elastic in the back. (I got the idea from another blogger but I can't find the post. I'm sorry.) Edited to add: I found the link for the hairbands Umami2.
Still reading? Then I have a little funny story for you... When you install solid wood flooring on concrete, you have to use a solvent-based glue. Solvent-based glue that can only be removed with mineral spirits or some such strong chemical. For some reason this glue gets on everything, and I mean everything. Including my caboose when I backed up to do something and ended up practically sitting in the glue bucket (I was wearing short shorts... it was 95F Saturday). I couldn't wipe it off with the mineral spirits at that moment because I was in the middle of laying planks and hammering them in place... and I kind of forgot about that glob of glue on my glutimus maximus. Long story made shorter, a couple of hours later I went to the potty. I nearly ripped the seat right off the toilet when I stood up. I glued my tush to the toilet! Grace and dignity, indeed.

12 Comments:

At 5/22/2006 12:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've put down wood floors over concrete in two houses, and you're right, that glue gets EVERYWHERE! Your story is too funny.

Your floors look great ;)

 
At 5/22/2006 01:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

giggle giggle snort. Funny story indeed.
The floor is looking great! I like the wall color but I'm all about a new look too. Go crazy! New floors and new walls...wahoo!

 
At 5/22/2006 05:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you managed to get off the toidy without help!! Funny story!

 
At 5/22/2006 05:33:00 PM, Blogger lindiepindie said...

The floor looks soooo nice! Great job. I hope you were able to get the glue off of your bottom - getting stuck on the potty - that's so funny! Good thing it was the potty and not the sofa where the glue could have done some damage!

 
At 5/23/2006 12:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Sometimes it's good when we're on our own and no one sees us :)))
But hey, I can't believe you laid this new floor all by yourself, that's an amazing job you've been doing! I showed the pics to my CM and he was totally impressed too! Hey, a thumbs up from a man on floor-laying, what more could a girl ask for?

 
At 5/23/2006 06:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! You must have a bathroom jinx (the low rise jeans episode comes to mind!) The floor looks great. I love the current color of your walls, but it is fun to try something new. You can always change back. Just be sure to cover that new floor well!

 
At 5/23/2006 06:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like woman for my hubby! He would adore you, specially your skills! Damn, must prevent him to see your blog! No, I haven't - he doesn't undertand english! I am so relieved!

 
At 5/23/2006 07:06:00 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

The floor is gorgeous! Hope you don't suffer any more loss of epidermis from it. ;-)

I think you're just in the mood to paint. May I offer my house as a canvas? *blinks innocently*

 
At 5/23/2006 05:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked my nail!!

 
At 5/23/2006 08:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! Great story.
Your floors look great!

 
At 5/25/2006 04:53:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said...

I just love that huge window!! Careful with the glue next time!

 
At 6/09/2006 03:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great floor! funny story :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home