Friday, April 28, 2006

Blobber struck again. I couldn't access the site for several days, and some other problems weren't cleared up until today. I hope they can keep running smoothly for a long time now. Anyway.... I've been busy working on these quilt blocks all week. It's a quilt for my son. He picked out over half of the fabrics so it has a personal touch. The block pattern is called "snowball" but since I did the large squares in red instead of white maybe I should rename the pattern "fireball". Yesterday, I layed all the blocks on the bed to see how it was looking hence the picture. It was then that I discovered that I have lost all my ability to do math. I had 7 extra 9-square blocks. Seven. That's a whole lot of extra sewing! I thought I had the small squares counted correctly... I did count them several times. Oh well, I can sew a pillow sham or a bag with the extras... make lemonade, right?

6 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 04:36:00 PM, Blogger lindiepindie said...

Oh yeah - that's happened to me, too, except that when I thought I was done sewing I realized that I hadn't sewn ENOUGH! Arg - that's a disappointment.

That's a nice fireball quilt you're making for your son. One day, I hope to make my boys quilts for their beds, but I'm too chicken to let them pick the fabric.

 
At 4/28/2006 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Wow! Love the quilt-in-progress.

 
At 4/28/2006 05:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful quilt. Your son should love it! Thanks for dropping by my site!

 
At 4/29/2006 01:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this quilt is getting along so fine, it already looks amazing! Can't wait to see it all done and finished, it's certainly going to be a true piece of art!

 
At 4/29/2006 03:21:00 PM, Blogger weirdbunny said...

I love this, the colours are great, well done.

 
At 5/03/2006 08:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so bright and happy! that's great he picked out the fabric!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home