Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Catharsis

Rip, rip, rip! Oh yes! That feels much better. These lovely balls of red are what is left of the Ruby Red sweater. I actually enjoyed frogging this one. All those mistakes? Gone. Dishwasher shaping? Gone. Pretty yarn? Ready for another project! After I frogged Ruby Red, I didn't have any ideas for another red knit project so I moved on. I borrowed this idea from Dipsy Doodle , it is a European style bath mitt. Dipsy improved on the design with a great stitch pattern. Go check it out. I like this stitch pattern so much, I'm thinking my next red yarn sweater will incorporate it. I can't wait to use the mitt in my next shower this Saturday! (That was a joke!) BC and I were busy with other projects too. He has a huge container full of broken crayons that I wanted to consolidate. I have been planning to make these crayon muffins since I saw an example at one of the local play centers. They stained my nonstick minimuffin pan. That's ok, I don't use it for cooking. (I'm sorry about the glare, it is almost impossible to find a nonreflective surface in this house!)

6 Comments:

At 8/30/2006 09:24:00 AM, Blogger laura capello said...

The crayons and yarn are *glowing*. Love it.

 
At 8/30/2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Martina said...

The crayons look fun!

 
At 8/30/2006 03:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your attitude about frogging. The crayon muffins look good enough to eat!

 
At 8/31/2006 12:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First time I hear someone actually enjoyed ripping!
I read about muffen coockies few weeks ago - could try with girls!

 
At 8/31/2006 03:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great job you did with the bath mitt - and that pattern looks even better with that thicker yarn that you've been using! Fantastic!

 
At 8/31/2006 09:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The crayons are so pretty! I'm still gasping at all the knitting that's gone...GONE! Pretty red yarn, though. :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home