Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Shapely Tanks and Frappuccinos

This is White Lies Design's Shapely Tank (5 balls Filati Bertagna ponente 195... I believe this tape yarn is discontinued, I bought it for $0.75 a ball from my LYS). I did short rows shaping for a c-cup and instead of the garter stitch neck and arms, I did an attached I-cord. The bottom is no longer rolling after I blocked it. I love the way this tank fits with no pulling or gapping. It also covers my bra 100%. The short row shaping on the bottom edge turned out nice as well. No cupping and it makes an graceful curve on the bottom. I am very grateful for this pattern, I learned quite a bit doing it and ended up with a well-fitting garment. That's more than I can say for some patterns that I have bought. Unfortunately, the tank top highlights some of the reasons that I was trying the South Beach Diet. Upper arms and tummy are give aways. I gave up on the induction phase of the South Beach Diet. I was gaining weight because of the cheating. So today I celebrated with a frappuccino from Starbucks...spicy pumpkin. Everyone I know has been going on since last year about this flavor. Yuck! I'm very disappointed.

1 Comments:

At 1/27/2006 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

Oh, Brava. I look forward to seeing this one in person. Wanna knit one for me? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home